Monday 17 January 2011

Routine Nurse appointment

Today was my six monthly check up with the MS Nurse. I had to walk through a monsoon to get to the hospital after four buses left without me. I remarked that Area E was like Piccadilly Circus... it had been like the Marie Celeste earlier I was told. Apparently the weather must have kept a lot of people home first thing. 

My appointment was on time (unusual) and I managed to defer the blood tests until Friday... at which point I can go first thing and hopefully avoid the queues. We discussed my current symptoms and probable relapse and the Nurse agreed with me that it was probably down to the stress around my Dad dying and the terrible cold over Christmas. 

I declined a course of steroids on the condition that I go back to her in four weeks if I see no improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment