Sunday 5 June 2011

Wheel-chair arrives

The wheel-chair arrived on Friday. So far I've sat in it in the living room and that is about it as I was under house arrest this weekend getting some rest.

It is alarmingly large and doesn't fold up nearly as much as I'd hoped. I'm somewhat doubtful about my original plan of keeping it in the boot of the car.

It will be a good thing though. Every time I'm going somewhere that needs a lot of walking input I don't have to think about it any more.


In  good news, the Optic Neuritis seems to have gradually got better and without me realising it has now gone. Standard six weeks with attempted (failed) steroid intervention.

My prescription ran out this week. My doctor's surgery decided (again) to ignore the stamp addressed envelope I enclosed with the repeat request. This meant that the muscle relaxant tablets that help me sleep through my legs at night ran out and I had a few bad nights sleep. The worst being the one where I got about three hours... and still had to get up and go to work in the morning. The prescription has now been filled and all is well at bed time again!

No comments:

Post a Comment