Friday 7 October 2011

Baby steps

So this is the end of week four in bed. Honestly, I'm fed-up. I feel much better than I did (although not better enough to be up and around all day). Better enough to feel bored. I guess that is progress.

I wanted to go back to work next week but my Nurse said she didn't think that was a good idea. As a compromise I'm going in Monday morning to collect some work that I can do from home.

Have to remember... baby steps. I've been here before and too much too soon sets me back... patience and taking it slow is the key.

I've been doing my exercises (which mostly involve sitting and stretching muscle groups) and making an effort to get up and about at least once during the day.

What remains to be seen is, like the frog in the well, how far I'll climb back up after this relapse. It always seems to be one step up and two steps back so that you never reach where you were before.

As long as I can get back to middle distance mobility on crutches I'll be happy... I don't mind the wheelchair for days out and long journeys... but I'm not quite ready to welcome it as a permanent part of my life yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment