Wednesday 1 February 2012

A solution?

The last few months I've been struggling to sleep through the night. I had solved the problem of getting to sleep due to cramping muscles by taking Clonazepan which works a treat. Increasingly I was waking up during the night with stiff and painful muscles, which would prevail through the day.

Yesterday I spoke to my MS Nurse and she outlined several solutions - one of which was Gabapentine. I already a huge pack of that previously prescribed so we decided that was a good start. I took a tablet last night along with the Clonazepan. 

This morning I woke up in exactly the same position I fell asleep in, usually a sure fire recipe for locked, stiff cramped muscles... not today though - still a bit of stiffness, but nowhere on the level of the usual pain. As the does gradually increase over the next few weeks I am optimistic that maybe this will help me get the good night's sleep I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment